This week, OBA welcomed Governor Kate Brown to her first formal meeting with Oregon business leaders since taking office. Held on the NIKE campus, the session provided the opportunity to present our 2015 legislative agenda to Governor Brown and share with her the business view of Oregon’s complex economic landscape and OBA’s policy priorities to bring balanced policy solutions to some of our state’s most persistent issues like lagging rural economies and early learning funding.
See additional photos here on the OBA Flickr Feed: https://www.flickr.com/photos/oregonbizassoc/sets/72157651449135272
Special thanks to the following directors for briefing Governor Brown in the following areas:
- Oregon economy overview: Ruth Beyer, SVP & General Counsel, Precision Castparts and Jill Eiland, Public Affairs Director, Intel
- Building the Middle Class: Erik Amos, Director, Corporate Tax Division, Columbia Sportswear
- Restore Rural Jobs: Sam Tannahill, Founder & Director of Viticulture & Winemaking, A to Z Wineworks
- Build & Finance Transportation & Infrastructure: Ken Wightman, CEO, David Evans Enterprises, Inc.
- Invest Wisely in Education: Julia-Brim Edwards of NIKE, Senior Director, Global Strategy & Operations, Government & Public Affairs. We also thank Julia and NIKE for hosting the meeting and reception.
- Balanced Voice: Pat Smith, Board Vice Chair and President/CEO of Unitus Community Credit Union.